* Une femme d’un certain age takes her autumn color cues from a park in Paris.
* Fab Over 40 gets answers from experts to your top beauty questions with affordable, proven products.
* Female fat loss expert expert Shawna K is more than willing to answer YOUR fitness questions. Should I work out when I’m sick? What’s a burpee? Check out some Q and A’s from her clients.
* Are your mani/pedis sanitary? Fab Over Fifty has the answer.
* Prime Beauty is thrilled that the much sought after Chanel Fleur de Lotus Collection has made its way all the way from Asia to the US! This Nordstrom exclusive has a lot to love, but the star of the show is the lovely Lotus Joues Constraste Blush.
*Moving Free with Mirabai offers five fab outdoor toning exercises. Best of all- no equipment necessary.
* Wondering what is appropriate dress for a women over 40 to wear to a funeral? Find out what the Glam Gals at Fabulous After 40 recommend.
* A smile from you can change someone’s mood for the better. Jackie Silver from AgingBackwards explains the research behind the phenomenon.
* Clothing stores now have more options to display plus size mannequins which better represent the body measurements of real women.
This week I went to the amazing BlogHer conference in NYC. I met incredible women, took notes at info packed sessions and talked with brands that were looking to connect with bloggers. One of the highlights had to be the luncheon interview with Martha Stewart. When asked for the key to her success Martha didn’t hesitate. ” I learn something new everyday” The power and simplicity of her answer left the roomful of 5000 women stunned– and for a moment you could hear a pin drop– and then they burst into applause.
I decided to take that advice to heart. On Sunday, I was determined to learn how to make crepes. They were not the best crepes I have ever eaten, but stuffed with ham or drizzed with butter they still respectable. My biggest takeaway? When the recipe says to let crepe batter rest for a few hours, it’s not a step to ignore.